Posted by JustRandi
WOW! I left town for a few weeks, and came back to find a whole fluffy world out there!
And you are a collective fountain of wisdom. I love that between us we have so much information and encouragement.
This week as I was trying to decide how I was going to battle the month of December, it occurred to me that planning ahead is often my biggest obstacle. Not necessarily planning every morsel that goes into my mouth – but just having some things on hand that are ok to snack on. for some reason, at 3 pm, my memory and my willpower take a siesta and neither one returns until about 7 pm.
So my goal is to post a list on the inside of my cabinet door, telling what are acceptable snacks for that time of day, and then to actually have those things on hand.
My requirements are:
- 2 minutes or less prep time
- combo of carbs and protein – small amt of fat OK
- must be easily purchased and stored
Obviously if portions are an issue you would write those out as well. And here’s what I have so far:
- Yogurt and a graham cracker
- carrots and LF ranch
- small apple and 1 oz cheddar cheese
- whole grain crackers and 1 T cream cheese
- celery sticks and 1 T peanut butter
I’d love to add any ideas you have! Anyone?